On 03/30/20 08:07, Ard Biesheuvel wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Mar 2020 at 01:16, Sean via Groups.Io
> <sean.brogan=microsoft....@groups.io> wrote:
>>
>> Ard/Laszlo or anyone familiar with QEMU.
>>
>> I read up on the ovmf readme and the qemu wiki but still have a few issues i
>> am hoping for quick/easy answers.
>>
>> 1. How do i programmatically exit the emulator.   Seems like uefi shell >
>> reset just reboots.  Other ideas?
>
> 'reset' is supposed to do that. Use 'reset -s' to kill the VM
>
>> 2. Is there an easy way to map a local file system so that i can setup a
>> startup.nsh?
>>

> As Andrew points out, use '-hda fat:<path>' and it will be exposed to
> the VM as a FAT formatted block device.

Note that it will not offer (functional, or any) write support.

I prefer "mtools" or "guestfish" for formatting and populating a virtual
disk image.

None of those are easy ways, admittedly -- I'm not offering some
examples right now exactly because I have to sit down and think about
them every time I need them. :) If there's interest in such commands, I
could hack up something, but then please give me some specs, and I'll
have to work on these things in the morning (while my brain is still not
mush).

Thanks
Laszlo