Hi Sean,

On 04/15/20 08:55, Sean via groups.io wrote:
> Any thoughts?

I have not ignored your email. Instead, I have not seen it.

The reason is that you messaged the list only -- you didn't put me in
the To: or Cc: headers, despite addressing me by name in the message body.

While I do follow the entire list, my personal inbox enjoys a much
higher priority than my edk2-devel list folder -- the latter is (almost)
just one of my many list folders. Therefore, if a query is sent only to
the list, and not copied to me, I could come to it much later, or (in
the worst case) I might even totally miss it. (E.g. if I were
overloaded, and the message were deeply nested in an existent thread
and/or the subject line didn't obviously call for my attention.)

General mailing list etiquette (not specific to edk2-devel) is that,
when asking a public question to a specific subscriber, then both the
list and that subscriber be copied on the message. This way all other
interested subscribers (and the list archive) can follow the discussion,
*and* the specific subscriber will not only find the query in their list
folder, but also in their inbox.

What's even worse is that, your email was sent in response to Ard's (the
one that said "I agree with Laszlo's point here"), and I *was* CC'd on
Ard's message. Which means that your MUA explicitly *dropped* me from
your message. I'm not sure what MUA does that -- I can even imagine it
was the groups.io WebUI! --, but whatever MUA it was, it was very wrong.
Dropping CC's *breaks* mailing list discussions.

Anyway, I'll now read your previous email and attempt an answer.

(To be clear, I've now seen your *current* message too only because I'm
at the moment a bit less tired, and happened to catch it in my list folder.)

Thanks
Laszlo