On 01/10/2020 11:43, Leif Lindholm wrote:
Hi Andrew,

Welcome to the list.

Thank you. I did BIOS work and some UEFI in a previous role but have been out of the loop for some years.

First of all, it helps to cc maintainers of the bits you're having
issues with.

The GetMaintainer.py script can look these up for you automatically
for a given path:
python ../edk2/BaseTools/Scripts/GetMaintainer.py -l
Platform/ARM/JunoPkg/ArmJuno.dsc
Platform/ARM/JunoPkg/ArmJuno.dsc
   Leif Lindholm <l...@nuviainc.com>
   Ard Biesheuvel <ard.biesheu...@arm.com>
   Thomas Abraham <thomas.abra...@arm.com>

Thanks for the pointer, will do in future.

Anyway, yes - commit b5701a4c7a0f ("CryptoPkg: OpensslLib: Use RngLib
to generate entropy in rand_pool"), merged through
https://github.com/tianocore/edk2/pull/938 broke EmulatorPkg, and most
platforms outside the main edk2 tree.

This should have been handled better.

But the fix is simple - if the platform port produces EFI_RNG_PROTOCOL
from some onboard hw, you can use the approach from edk2-platforms
commit 1e09147a01ae ("Platforms/RaspberryPi: Fix RPi4 RngLib build error").
Otherwise, you can use the approach used in edk2 commit 416813753726
("ArmVirtPkg: Add RngLib based on TimerLib for CryptoPkg").

Just to be sure I understand this - most platforms outside of the main edk2 tree are going to need updating to take account of this change.

If you're just trying to build something, you can rewind your edk2
HEAD to the edk2-stable202008 tag.

Thanks, good to know.

Andrew