On 1/15/21 7:51 PM, Sami Mujawar wrote:

I have shared some initial thoughts on the RNG implementation updates at
https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/files/Designs/2021/0116/EDKII%20-%20Proposed%20update%20to%20RNG%20implementation.pdf

Kindly let me know your feedback or if you have any queries.
The ARMv8.5 RNDRRS instruction appears to be missing from the diagram on page 11 - it has RngLib|RNDR, which is listed under PRNG, but RNDRRS returns a true random number. From the Arm ARM:

"Returns a 64-bit random number which is reseeded from the True
Random Number source immediately before the read of the random number."

--
Rebecca Cran