Hi Gerd,

> Hmm, so you are hiding the #define here to avoid updating
> Protocol/PciHostBridgeResourceAllocation.h ...
>
> I suspect if this can't be implemented in the pci enumerator alone there is
> just no way around actually extending uefi protocols.  But it's also not
> fully clear to me why you need this new "partial" state.
> Wouldn't you know either nothing or both base + size for a resource?

Yes you are right, the current status is we have nothing and after the
resources are allocated we have base and size. However, the allocation happens
after CreateResourceMap is called, this function is the one that iterates over
all resources of all devices under a root bridges and places them in a root
bridge relative offset to then calculate the length of the resources required
for that specific root bridge. For the pre-populated BARs I retrieve the Base
Address of the Root Bridge before placing the resources at the root bridge
relative offset so that I can translate the BAR address (set by the host) into
an offset. That's why I created this patch to retrieve only the base address
before the root bridge resource map is created, submitted and allocated.

> Also: Maybe split this series into two?  One for the host-provided bridges,
> and another for the pre-populated bars?  So the former can already be merged
> while the later is still sorted?

Yes I will do that.

> take care,
>   Gerd

Thanks,

Nicolas

Amazon Development Center Germany GmbH
Krausenstr. 38
10117 Berlin
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Christian Schlaeger, Jonathan Weiss
Eingetragen am Amtsgericht Charlottenburg unter HRB 149173 B
Sitz: Berlin
Ust-ID: DE 289 237 879