From: devel-admin+AEA-kannel.org +AFs-mailto:devel-admin+AEA-kannel.org+AF0-On Behalf
Of
ghhou
Sent: donderdag 27 november 2003 4:43
To: Stipe Tolj+ADs- devel+AEA-kannel.org
Cc: rene.kluwen+AEA-chimit.nl
Subject: HTTP redirect

Stipe,

The Base element in HTML specifies an absolute URI that acts as the base URI
for resolving relative URIs.
For example, given the following BASE declaration and A declaration:

    +ADwAIQ-DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC +ACI--//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN+ACI-
    +ACI-http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd+ACIAPg-
    +ADw-HTML+AD4-
    +ADw-HEAD+AD4-
    +ADw-TITLE+AD4-Our Products+ADw-/TITLE+AD4-
    +ADw-BASE href+AD0AIg-http://www.aviary.com/products/intro.html+ACIAPg-
    +ADw-/HEAD+AD4-
    +ADw-BODY+AD4-
    +ADw-P+AD4-Have you seen our +ADw-A href+AD0AIg-../cages/birds.gif+ACIAPg-Bird
Cages+ADw-/A+AD4-?
    +ADw-/BODY+AD4-
    +ADw-/HTML+AD4-

    the relative URI +ACI-../cages/birds.gif+ACI- would resolve to:
    http://www.aviary.com/cages/birds.gif

I'm sure you may be clear about the problem in proxy redirection. If no base
element existing, problem will happen.

Best Regards,
Guanghua Hou