On Fri, 2009-10-23 at 12:04, Alexander Malysh wrote:
> This is true that SMPP spec don't define DLR format but give only
> recommendation but this recommendation was adapted
> by 99% SMSC maker and is quasi standard. If someone think that he
> can ignore such fact we will ignore this SMSC maker
> and user who connecting such SMSC have to ask SMSC operator/maker
> why they ignore quasi standard.
> The more people ask the more SMSC operator/maker will think about to
> fix this issue.

I don't know how there are commercial SMPP gateways in use nowadays (I
don't know for anyone) but if there are some/many then the users are on
the mercy of SMSC makers and their software implementation.

I also think that the operators are on the mercy of the SMSC software
makers (SMSC software is closed source, I think) and because of that I
don't expect they will implement SMPP spec recommendation.

P.S.
Current implementation is not problem for me personally because I work
with one operator which adds null on the end of the string/text but I've
found simple workaround in my applications.

--
Kind regards,  Milan
Arvanta, IT Security        http://www.arvanta.net