Charley Wang wrote:
> Please note that many of the packages may be failing because of a few
> DSO's. Further exploration is needed to evaluate this possibility so
> we can apply one patch to the source of the problem instead of dozens of
> superfluous patches. We also need (and would appreciate help with) the
> linking of failed build logs to their package owners.

And how would you fix that in the DSO other than by adding a .la file (which
is against our packaging guidelines) or a linker script (which basically
amounts to the same) to force the extra -l flag? Linking the DSO to the one
providing the symbols is not enough due to the very change which is causing
the problems.

        Kevin Kofler