On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 08:50:14AM -0600, Matt Domsch wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 10:13:32AM +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:

> > With nobody handling the incoming bugzilla tickets. With some bug
> > reports having been killed in an automated way at dist EOL. And
> > worse if it turns out that packages which do build are unmaintained
> > nevertheless, with the same symptoms in bugzilla and in package scm.
>
> We could easily create a new class of bugzilla ticket, say
> "MAINTAINED".  An automated process would generate such tickets,
> blocking F13MAINTAINED.  The ticket would ask the maintainer to close
> the ticket to remain the owner of the package.  Tickets still open
> after $SOMEDELAY would be candidates for orphan or non-responsive
> maintainer process.  Repeat at $SOMEINTERVAL, perhaps once per release
> cycle (more would be too onerous I think).

I do not like such artificial conditions that should show that a package
is still maintained. It will bother all maitainers that already maintain
their packages correctly. But this could be a techninal implementation
but with other conditions when such tickets are created, e.g. these
tickets could have been created for all maintainers still having FTBFS
packages without commenting on their bug reports recently.  But there
could also be other conditions that trigger this, which still need to be
implemented.

Regards
Till