On Tue, 2 Feb 2010, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:

> > Not to reduce the debate to too much of a soundbite, but it almost
> > seems like attempting to decide whether we want Fedora to be Debian,
> > or to be something useful for users of it. I'd always pick the latter...
> >
> The problem with this sound bite is that Fedora Project and Fedora product
> get mixed up.  Users use a Fedora product.  The Fedora Project attracts the
> contributors who make various Fedora products.  You can't continue to be an
> attractive place for people wanting to experiment with creating different
> visions that don't necessarily appeal to the target audience if they're
> always going to be a second class citizen.

These are 3 if's and they're impossible to say for sure right now but over
time we'll know:

If we don't have a coherent vision for what our products are and who they
are for..

If our products and brand suffer as a result...

and If that means our user base starts trending down (people don't like
crap no matter how many people made it)...

Why would we be an attractive place for people wanting to come and
experiment with their vision if so few are here to see it and so many
other options are available?

        -Mike