On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 19:11:30 +0530,
  "Parag N(पराग़)" <panem...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  Gr8, maintainers already got overhead by introducing branched F-13
> and devel branches which made people to stop pushing updates to F-13
> as we need to push them using bodhi and now bodhi also got
> restrictions. I think people will stop contributing to Fedora now
> after seeing so many policies and rules for maintaining packages for
> Fedora releases.
>   - Parag.

My experience is that dealing with bodhi and even multiple releases is a
relatively small part of the time required for maintaining a package.
Based on my experience, I can't see the process for doing updates being
something that would drive away a signiciant number of maintainers. It might
be a significant barrier for new packagers if it seems overwhelming.