Bill Nottingham wrote:
> To put it a different way, a large regression for our users far outweighs
> tha cost of any number (heck, even hundreds) of bugfixes having to wait
> a day, or two, or even a week.
>
> For most bugfixes, the user doesn't notice at all. When a user gets a
> bugfix on something they've hit, they think "oh, that's nice, Fedora fixed
> it", but they don't really care whether it cam Monday or Friday. For every
> regression they hit, they think "ARRGH, this Fedora crap. All I did is
> update and now it's broken and I can't do what I want!" The impact on the
> user's productivity and attitude isn't the same, and they can't be treated
> the same.

One thing to consider: while from a psychological standpoint, a regression
is indeed perceived as much worse than an unfixed bug, from a technical /
practical standpoint it's actually the smaller issue: you can rollback to
the version of the package before the regression, you can't rollback an
unfixed bug as there's nothing to roll back to!

        Kevin Kofler