On Tue, 2010-03-09 at 12:26 -0500, Luke Macken wrote:

> I think a much better solution would be to require similar critical path
> policies, across *all* releases, not just pending ones, while still
> allowing non-critpath packages to go directly to stable.

That is an acceptable fallback. But just for the record, I consider the
critical path on my desktop to include not just kernel/udev/modules/etc.
but also GNOME, cups, and other things I use each day. I don't
personally care if KDE is updated 20 times a week, or about other
packages that aren't installed by default being rebased often.

Jon.