On Wed, 2016-04-27 at 01:33 +0200, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Adam Williamson wrote:
> > I'm gonna try KK's version; if that doesn't work either I'm kinda
> > inclined to just leave it to upstream and we can drop open-vm-tools
> > from comps / spin-kickstarts, or something.
>
> Anything involving "<< (shift - 1)", including the original version, and
> including mine, is not expected to work for shift == 0. Shifting by a
> negative number is undefined in C. I'm surprised this ever worked.

Thanks, yeah, after a bit of messing about that's the conclusion I came
to, so I just dumped it on upstream and moved on, only they know what
the heck they intended and how they want to fix it really. I just
dropped open-vm-tools from comps for now so it doesn't block
composes/installs any more.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey