Martin Kolman wrote:
On Fri, 2016-05-27 at 18:15 +0200, Björn Persson wrote:
Dominique Martinet <dominique.marti...@cea.fr> wrote:

Just noticed this change on rawhide...
https://github.com/systemd/systemd/blob/master/NEWS#L29
   * systemd-logind will now by default terminate user processes
that are
     part of the user session scope unit (session-XX.scope) when the
user
     logs out. This behavior is controlled by the KillUserProcesses=
     setting in logind.conf, and the previous default of "no" is now
     changed to "yes". This means that user sessions will be
properly
     cleaned up after, but additional steps are necessary to allow
     intentionally long-running processes to survive logout.
This sounds very much like a system-wide Change. Where can I find the
Change proposal?

Björn Persson
.org
Also I could see separate Workstation & Server changes - as the impact
of this change is IMHO much bigger than on the Workstation where it
actually might have benefits in some cases.

This change might be reasonable on a Workstation but it makes no sense on a Server. It's debatable whether it's actually reasonable on a Workstation too. Jobs backgrounded with "&" in a shell are expected to keep running. Having to create rules and profiles for every possible command is idiotic.

--
  -- Howard Chu