On Fri, May 27, 2016 at 11:20 PM, James Hogarth <james.hoga...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I'm not entirely certain of the answer to that, though it should be quick
> to test when I get to a machine later.
>
> But in terms of efficiencies reinstall does a full reinstall of the
> package, including download and and scripts. Doing mark installed just
> tells dnf what the world is meant to look like.

I checked with "dnf autoremove" and a re-install appears to mark it
correctly.  I subsequently following the instructions
in the F24 release notes.

The reason I had done "dnf reinstall" was that I knew that command and
there were no instructions in the bug report
on how to fix the problem.  When someone was kind enough to reply here with
the link to the F24 release notes, which had the
instructions, I put them in the bug report to give people a better chance
to find them.  Most likely, you aren't going to
be looking at F24 release notes, until you plan on upgrading to F24.  That
doesn't help the people who are currently affected
by this using F23.