> On Jun 1, 2016, at 09:48, Lennart Poettering wrote:
>
> Any scheme that relies on unprivileged programs "being nice" doesn't
> fix the inherent security problem: after logout a user should not be
> able consume further runtime resources on the system, regardless if he
> does that because of a bug or on purpose.

You are redefining the meaning of (a graphical) logout. It simply means another
user can use the mouse,
keyboard and screen of this device. It makes no statement on whether the
machines resources are shared or not.

It allows you to kill anything that has to do with the user controlling the
screen, keyboard and mouse but the killing should be limited to those
processes. And then we are back at "just fix those broken processes".

As others pointed out, the security feature does not really apply if the user
is allowed to use any and all resources while logged in.

Paul