On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 12:46:43PM -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
> > Thats is pretty crappy. That means things will keep accidentally being
> > packaged that depends on things not in the ubuntu core. It also means
> > that there is zero sandboxing.
> Can you elaborate on how this is different from Flatpak's
> currently-rather-open sandboxing (as seen elsewhere in this thread)?

Or, let me rephrase: I *think* the difference, communication approaches
aside, is: With Flatpak, we're telling developers that they need to
currently package their apps with large holes poked by default because
portals aren't available yet, let alone the corresponding application
changes. With Snappy, developers are encouraged to package as if a
sandboxing framework is in effect, but that on many distros, it won't
be. Correct?

--
Matthew Miller
<mat...@fedoraproject.org>