On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 8:42 AM, gil <punto...@libero.it> wrote:

> Il 01/07/2016 01:54, Joel Rees ha scritto:
>
> To keep this off-list as much as possible, the rant is here:
> http://reiisi.blogspot.com/2016/07/to-gil-tim-fedora-et-al.html
>
> (The blame lies elsewhere. I wish I had the network and social cred to
> get a real movement started, away from the current faceless CA system
> and towards a different identity assurance system that depends on
> actual, existing day-to-day trust relationships.)
>
> hi
> as i wrote in the past i dont care about your spam problems
> i dont want to use other providers ... so bored ...
> you dont have something else more interesting to write? No?
> then I'm not interested, i think i will add between unwelcome contact your
> email

Gil, you don't seem to realize that this isn't *our* spam problem, it's
*yours*. It's pretty much guaranteed that all of your email sent to the
Fedora mailing lists ends up in the spam folder of people that use GMail.
There are probably many other providers that do the same. And due to the
way that GMail is marking your mail as spam, there's nothing that GMail
users can do to change that.

You're lucky that a few of us are conscientious enough to look through our
spam folder for your emails (as well of a few other Fedora contributors
that get their email routed to the spam folder on a consistent basis). Most
of the Fedora contributors that use GMail probably don't bother.

As has been explained a number of times to you, only you (or your email
provider) can fix this. You seem to want to be a good Fedora contributor,
but whenever someone tries to discuss the issue with you, you've proven to
be hostile and uncaring. No one has asked you to switch to another email
provider, you just need to have the one you use fix the issues that have
been described to you.

--
Jeff Ollie