On Tue, Jul 05, 2016 at 09:45:29AM -0400, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> On 5 July 2016 at 06:46, Florian Weimer <fwei...@redhat.com> wrote:

> >> What clients are requesting from MirrorManager can also be seen here:
> >>
> >> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mirrormanager/statistics/2016-07-05/archs
> >

> > These statistics do not cover package downloads of i686 packages which are
> > part of the x86_64 repositories, do they?
> >
> > I think the numbers are also skewed by the fact that EPEL 7 is not available
> > for i686, which is not of direct relevance to Fedora.  (The reason why it's
> > missing is not lack of demand, but lack of a publicly available build root
> > for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 on i686.)
> >

> Here is a graph for just Fedora OS from time immemorial of Fedora
> using a 7 day moving average.
>
> https://smooge.fedorapeople.org/simple_stats/fedora-hardware-full-ma.png

Interesting. It seems that i386 has leveled off, with changes
smaller than noise during last 1.5 years. It seems that
if nothing changes, i386 downloads will remain a significant
percentage.

Also the dynamics of amd64 are very nice, with a visible inflex
at the beginning of 2015. This matches the information publicized
elsewhere about Fedora becoming more popular.

Zbyszek