On 07/07/2016 08:13 AM, Jan Kurik wrote:
> = Proposed System Wide Change: KillUserProcesses=yes by default =
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/KillUserProcesses_by_default
>
> Change owner(s):
> * Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek <zbys...@in.waw.pl>
<snip>

Copying my response from https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/1600#comment:4

As the Change Proposal stands today, I'm wouldn't be willing to approve it. So
let's figure out what it would take to get there:

* I want to see a crowdsourced list of all the packages known to be negatively
affected by this change. (This should be possible by investigating the various
email threads on the issue).

* The list of affected packages should be divided into two categories by FESCo:
 * Tier 1 packages must be ported to support operation under
KillUserProcesses=yes by the Contingency Deadline. If any of the Tier 1 packages
are still not migrated by that point, we return to the KillUserProcesses=no
default until Fedora 26.
 * Tier 2 packages are non-blocking for this effort. They will be tracked as
bugs (probably also listed on the F25 Common Bugs page), but a failure to meet
this deadline is not sufficient to prevent us from switching.

* I'd like to see the Contingency Deadline set at Beta Freeze.

* I would like to see a guideline written up on the wiki and added to the Change
Proposal on some of the ways that the porting could be done (such as converting
tools to services, using the allow-linger functionality, etc.)

* I'd like the package maintainers of any package FESCo declares Tier 1 to be
added to the Change Proposal as an owner.