Hello again Fedora friends!

I just built bodhi-2.1.8-1.fc26 for Rawhide, and wanted to give you a
heads up as it is a backwards incompatible change. Rawhide previously
had bodhi-0.9.12.2-5.fc25.noarch so this is a pretty major update.

The bodhi client is probably what most of you are used to interacting
with (possibly only through fedpkg, which wraps it). The new CLI is a
rewrite from the old one, and has different commands and options. I
took a stab at writing the new man page from scratch and I think I got
most things covered. The CLI also has built-in help text that should be
pretty usable. If you find any issues with the man page or client,
please feel free to file an issue[0] or a pull request. You can read
the docs on GitHub as well[1].

This update has been a long time coming, and in fact the production
Bodhi server has been running version two for some time. We had a lot
of patches on bodhi-client-0.9 to make it work with Bodhi Server 2, so
this update will let everyone be on the new CLI that is natively
compatible with the production server now.

At this time, I've opted out of updating bodhi in Fedora 23, 24, and
even 25 since it is not backwards compatible. If you are using one of
those, it should continue to function the way you are used to it. I
also plan to update Bodhi in EPEL 7, and will write more about this on
the relevant EPEL mailing lists.

If you typically only use fedpkg to submit Bodhi updates rather than
the bodhi CLI directly, you will need to make sure you have fedpkg-
1.25-1.fc26 or newer. That version of fedpkg is compatible with both
Bodhi 0.9 and 2[2].

Thanks for reading, and happy updating!

[0] https://github.com/fedora-infra/bodhi/issues/new
[1] https://github.com/fedora-infra/bodhi/blob/develop/docs/man_bodhi.r