On Thu, 08 Sep 2016 12:26:36 -0000
"Christian Stadelmann" <genodeft...@fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> Still not working.
>
> The only file from updates-testing repo metadata¹ providing
> "recommends" XML tags is the
> 2b1dda391308bf7395f9890774b4d2d0692b615c2ad6a73fa378080d32c0c531-primary.xml
> file, but it just has those tags for 6 packages.
>
> ¹ /var/cache/dnf/updates-testing-648243a4cddd356c

Right. It's not working because there were no updates pushes yesterday.

We ran into an issue with the f24-updates-testing push and rpm-ostree.
The person on push duty spent all day working with ostree folks on a
solution.

Hopefully we will work around that and/or get the other pushes going
today.

On Thu, 08 Sep 2016 13:51:20 -0000
"Christian Stadelmann" <genodeft...@fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> So all packages have to be rebuilt to make their weak dependencies go
> into repo metadata? This was not obvious from the first posting by
> Kevin Fenzi and probably should go into a separate post here and on
> devel-announce too.

No. This doesn't need any packages rebuilt.

bodhi keeps a cache of repodata, when new updates are added it uses
this to allow createrepo to make the repodata faster. Basically it says
"Hey, I have all the repodata for the existing updates, you only need
to add these new ones". But we need it to regenerate that old repodata,
because it was generated with rhel7 rpm and has no weak deps in it.
This consists of us removing that repocache directory and doing a push
so bodhi tells createrepo "please generate all the repodata for all the
packages in this repo".

There's nothing maintainers need to do here except wait for the next
updates pushes to finish and sync out.

Does that make sense?

kevin