On 28 Sep 2016, at 4:13 PM, Tomasz Kłoczko <kloczko.tom...@gmail.com> wrote:

> BTW openssl changes.

> It would be good to form kind of official guidline about using those
> alternative libraries and start pushing to use only one.

This is not always possible.

I spent a long time debugging 389ds on Ubuntu because someone had arbitrarily
decided to switch the LDAP client library from NSS to gnutls. This in turn
broke 389ds server replication, which embeds both the server code (depending on
NSS) and client code (depending on gnutls) into the same code and then trying
to use the same configuration for both of them. Our solution was to switch to
CentOS.

Regards,
Graham
—