On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 09:14:14AM +0200, Vít Ondruch wrote:
> So why don't we optionally split changelog out of the .spec file?
> Something like this might be first step:
>

> $ sed -n '/^*/,$ p' ruby.spec > ruby.changes

The problem with this is the first time there is a mass rebuild, or a
packager uses rpmdev-bumpspec, or we just have a naive packager who
doesn't understand what's happening, you'll end up with:

  %changelog
  * Fri Oct 21 2016 Some One <some...@example.com> - 2.3.1-59
  - Mass rebuild.
  %include %{SOURCE100}

which will cause all sorts of problems (changelog will likely be out
of order for a start).

I agree with the sentiment but I don't think this will work.  It has
to be coordinated across the whole distro and tooling.

SUSE deleted all their RPM changelogs a very long time ago, we should
do the same.

Rich.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MinGW