On Thursday, October 27, 2016 3:23:25 PM CDT Pádraig Brady wrote:
> On 24/10/16 17:35, Florian Weimer wrote:
> > I recall some reports that configure scripts are really slow in recent
> > Fedora versions due to pervasive use of BIND_NOW.
> >
> > Has anyone investigated this further?  Is there a bug report somewhere?
>
> Related to this I was wondering if there was any thought
> to providing distro wide config.cache file that was primed with
> results from base system libs and enabled with the rpm %{configure} macro?

We turn all caching off in the buildsystem, cachine while helpful for some
things introduces an extra complexity  in that in order to know the state to
reproduce something you also need to know teh state of the cace, how it was
built and how it changed over time since being built, potentially having to
redo all the levels of updating and change to get to the same state.

Dennis