On Mon, 2016-10-31 at 19:57 -0500, Michael Catanzaro wrote:

> I think it's a GNOME Software bug that it says up to date when it's
> not. I've complained about that for years. It will happily tell you
> that your freshly-installed Fedora system is up to date months after
> release, before the first update, often even after you manually check
> for updates by pressing the Refresh button. :)

Huh, since F23 or so I've found the refresh button to be pretty
reliable. It does seem to actually force Software to go refresh the
metadata and download available updates, now. I think in the past it
just 'forced' a run of the refresh timer, which doesn't always actually
go and check for updates, it has a bunch of conditionals that decide
whether it will. But that got changed at some point.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey