On 10/11/16 16:47, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
On 11/10/2016 11:44 AM, Tom Hughes wrote:
On 10/11/16 16:41, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:

I'm packaging up a program that puts plugins into

  %{_libdir}/pkg/plugin.so

Unfortunately rpmbuild doesn't seem to generate automatic dependencies
for these files (they are regular ELF files and I have checked that
they contain DT_NEEDED fields).

Any ideas on that?  There's a lot of documentation about how to
exclude files from automatic dep generation, but I want to include
these.

My guess would be that they're not marked as executable. Shared libraries don't
really need to be executable but they always have been in Fedora and the
dependency generator ignores ones which aren't.

It's not just that. Packages that are outside the strict %{_libdir} path aren't
supposed to be automaticatlly generated, since they're assumed to be
package-internal and not exposed to the world.

I think this was requires generation, not provides, which should happen everywhere.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (t...@compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/