Jeff Garzik (jgar...@pobox.com) said:
> Cute re-ordering of events, there.  No, after repeated experiences
> with seeking reviews, including this most recent one mentioned
> elsewhere on this list, and seeing others on this list repeating
> review requests, I was inspired to poke around to see why responses
> were so uneven.

OK. I apologize for the insinuation.

> Looking at the process with fresh eyes, starting from
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageReviewProcess and moving to
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/ReviewRequests one
> sees a chaotic mess of package reviews, both assigned and unassigned,
> not really moving forward at all.  Looking closely, you see a lot of
> packages that seem of worth, but that set is crowded by review
> requests for ancient packages like redhat-menus or kernel.

I wonder if a better way to sort this is bottom-up... you could argue
that the older the review ticket, the 'less important' the package
is (as if it was a critical need, it would have been reviewed.)

> project.  By all appearances, nobody else was bothering with these
> things after several years went by.

Yes, that's a problem. We've had two sets of issues here:

1) No one does the merge reviews
2) Merge reviews that were done were never applied by the maintainers

#2 sort of fed #1.

In any case, as trying to be part of the solution, I finished off one
merge review last night. I'll see if I can manage to do one a week
myself... if we could get some group of packagers (sponsors, maybe?)
to do the same, we might cut this down pretty quickly.

Bill