On Sun, 2016-11-20 at 18:30 +0000, Tom Hughes wrote:
> Opening that every six months to copy and paste the password is one
> thing but I'm not going to be doing that every day/week, so
> realistically that's going to mean switching to a much simpler
> password
> that I can remember.

Yup, if I have to type my password then I'm going to set it to
something short and memorable, same as everybody else. The more often
you require users to input a password, the less secure the system will
be.

I have no idea how this fancy Kerberos works or integrates with GNOME,
but the above is a truism that stands the test of time.

Michael