On Tue, Nov 22, 2016 at 06:57:45PM -0600, Michael Catanzaro wrote:
> Is anybody working on fixing [1]?
> The exploit is a little impractical in that it only works if you have
> not updated any F24 base packages except GStreamer, but we should still
> fix it. I don't see any GStreamer updates in bodhi yet.

I talked to Josh Bressers a little bit about it, and he was going to
bring the bigger issue to Eric and the Fedora Security Team — with the
holidays that might not be happening immediately. That is, the issues
here
https://scarybeastsecurity.blogspot.com/2016/11/0day-poc-risky-design-decisions-in.html
with sandboxing tracker and gstreamer, and installing the "bad" codecs
without warning.

--
Matthew Miller
<mat...@fedoraproject.org>