On ti, 13 joulu 2016, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
On Tue, Dec 13, 2016 at 12:19:45PM +0200, Alexander Bokovoy wrote:
On ti, 13 joulu 2016, Alexander Bokovoy wrote:
> On ti, 13 joulu 2016, Vít Ondruch wrote:

> > > There are patches still coming that will switch the fedora packaging
tools to
> > > use GSSAPI rather than Kerberos directly, which will handle
auto-selecting the
> > > right TGT. I'm not sure what the status is on this, but Patrick Uiterwijk
(CCed)
> > > was looking into it.
> >
> > I am probably missing something, but if I am not mistaken, the primary
> > ticket depends on order of my kinit calls and I am using several apps
> > which needs kerberos authentication, so I can hardly see how fedora
> > packaging tools changes can solve the major issue, i.e. if I do kinit
> > vondr...@fedoraproject.org, this ticket becomes the primary ...
> The story is always more complex than it seems.
>
> There is Kerberos protocol. There is also GSSAPI interface that allows
> to wrap Kerberos use under a more general security exchange means. While
> Kerberos tools can deal with multiple credential caches in the
> collection only by addressing the currently selected credentials cache,
> GSSAPI-aware applications enjoy ability to chose which credentials cache
> from the collection to use based on the realm of the target service.
>
> Koji with a patch to use python-gssapi will have ability to choose the
> credentials cache automatically based on the realm of the target
> service, regardless of what credentials cache is active right now in the
> collection. The version in Fedora right now (1.11.0-1.fc25) is not yet
> built with the patch to use python-gssapi.
A small correction: koji 1.11.0-1.fc25 does use python-requests-kerberos which
uses python-kerberos which is using GSSAPI C library. I verified that
koji in Fedora 25 does work with credentials cache collections and
properly chooses the credentials cache which is not the one currently
active.

However, default Fedora 25 configuration[1] does not set the default ccache
name to a collection, only FreeIPA client installer does this.

As result, if you have no

[libdefaults]
  default_ccache_name = KEYRING:persistent:%{uid}

in your krb5.conf, you are using the defaults compiled into libkrb5
which is 'FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_%{uid}'. The latter is not a credentials
cache _collection_ and cannot store multiple credentials from multiple
realms.

So, if you'd change default_ccache_name to a KEYRING:..-based version
and re-logon, you'll be able to maintain multiple credentials caches at
the same time.

[1] http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/rpms/krb5.git/tree/krb5.conf?h=f25

Actually that's not quite right - if you look at krb5.spec you'll
see it then munges that krb5.conf to add

  default_ccache_name = KEYRING:persistent:%{uid}

so all F25 installs should get that by default - all of my fresh installs
do.
Mea culpa. Thanks for the correction. So, for fresh F25 installs this
should be working fine -- at least with koji.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy