On 15/12/16 15:14, Keith Keith wrote:

>We haven't received as much feedback as I hoped for. Maybe people don't care enough about optical disks to even respond, or it might be a different reason.

I must have missed this and deleted it by mistake.

I had something weird happen when F23 was the latest release. Somehow, probably through user error, I deleted my partition table and bricked my only USB stick. I think I corrupted the USB stick firmware somehow. I have only one computer so using another to get another copy wasn't an option. I did have a back up Fedora DVD because an earlier experience in life when I found myself without an OS and a broken installation.

I think that having a read only media option with physical damage as the only failure mode is valuable. I continue to keep a Fedora DVD even though I prefer installing through USB.

I prefer to install from DVD. By far. And it's always nice to give away DVDs to classmates or colleagues, or in release parties, FAD, etc.
My thoughts.

Cheers,
Sylvia