On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 12:07:06AM +0000, Tom Hughes wrote:
> >I have ulimit -c returning 0 in shells on my system — have I done some
> >configuration I don't remember? That's the default, isn't it? Should it
> >stay that way with this change?
> The ulimit on core dump size is (mostly) ignored if sysctl has been
> used to tell the kernel to send core dumps to a pipe.

Not in my testing just now — I made a small segfault program and tried
it out; with the default (ulimit -c 0) and `coredumpctl gdb` I get:

  Cannot retrieve coredump from journal or disk.
  Failed to retrieve core: No such file or directory

but when I set ulimit -c unlimited and repeat, it works.

--
Matthew Miller
<mat...@fedoraproject.org>