On Thursday, December 8, 2016 9:17:14 AM CET Matthew Miller wrote:
> Trying to make this idea a little more concrete. Here's two suggestions
> for how it might work. These are strawman ideas -- please provide
> alternates, poke holes, etc. And particularly from a QA and rel-eng
> point of view. Both of these are not taking modularity into account in
> any way; it's "how we could do this with our current distro-building
> process".
>
> Option 1: Big batched update
>
>   1. Release F26 according to schedule
>      https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/26/Schedule
>
>   2. At the beginning of October, stop pushing non-security updates
>      from updates-testing to updates
>
>   3. Bigger updates (desktop environment refreshes, etc.) allowed into
>      updates-testing at this time.
>
>   4. Mid-October, freeze exceptions for getting into updates-testing
>      even.
>
>   5. Test all of that together in Some Handwavy Way for serious
>      problems and regressions.
>
>   6. Once all good, push from updates-testing to updates at end of
>      October or beginning of November.
> [..]

I'm lost.  I'm against prolonging delays before pushes from
updates-testing to updates if there's given karma, even for non-security
stuff.  If that's not enough, we should shape the karma-process.

> Option 2: Branching!
> [..]

Sounds really complicated to me.  What's the purpose?

--

I probably lost the context ... what real-world problems are trying to fix?
Everything which comes to my mind should be solved by better tooling for

Have you considered the recent "bodhi for rawhide" proposal, too?

Pavel