Stephen Gallagher wrote:
> As Bill pointed out, things "just work" for users right now and that's
> something we'd like to avoid breaking. However, that does *not* mean that
> it is trivial to do on the build side. We're currently building out an
> entirely new infrastructure to support modules; we'd like to take a look
> at what we did the first time and see if (with more experience and
> hindsight) we can do a better job now, and ideally one we can share
> between the two approaches.

What was never discussed was whether modules are something worth rebuilding
"an entirely new infrastructure" to begin with. I disagree that they are
even a desirable feature to begin with, they just fragment and thus dilute
the Fedora platform, and have the potential to seriously hurt integration
across the distribution and increase code duplication and its resulting
bloat.

        Kevin Kofler