On Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 11:09 AM, Colin Walters <walt...@verbum.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 23, 2017, at 02:03 PM, Tom Hughes wrote:
>
>> How about you just explain here what it is you want rather than making
>> everybody go and read some bug?
>
> OK, here's a copy of the text:
>
> rpm-ostree is a new model for rpm packages on using ostree[0].  In order to
> implement atomic upgrades without special filesystem support, it runs %post
> scripts using rofiles-fuse[1]
>
> This means that %post scripts, whenever replacing an existing file, must do
> create-new-then-rename, rather than open(O_TRUNC).  This is a core
> distinction between `/usr/bin/install` and `/usr/bin/cp`.

I'm the owner of an affected package and, after thinking about this a
bit, I'm somewhat disinclined to change my %post script.  I would have
to make it considerably more complicated to comply with this, and
doing so would only fix my package.  I think I'd much prefer for
rofiles-fuse to become more permissive so that existing scripts keep
working, thus fixing many packages in one go.