Hi,
packaging guidelines says that bundling should be avoided if upstream
supports it (build system has this option).

I was dealing with situation with icu. Fedora version differs from
bundled versions in packages.
Because of this for mozjs45 some tests are failing, so I had to disable
them. For mongodb it is the same. Also upstream say that they was
thinking about it and decided to use bundling [1], because with
different icu versions, ordering may differ, so users can get
inconsistent results.

What should be preferred: use system library, avoid bundling (with all
its benefits) and provide same set of languages as a rest of system

OR provide users the same behavior as they would expect from upstream
binaries ?

Thanks,
Marek

[1] " For ICU, we persist the collation sort keys into our collections
for performance (memcmp is cheaper then comparing strings using a
collator at runtime). Since sort keys are not stable across ICU
versions, we did not want to risk the user using a different version of
ICU and getting wrong results as a result. This also means MongoDB will
be very reluctant to upgrade ICU in the future without being able to
provide side-by-side support for the collations in icu4c-57.1."
(https://jira.mongodb.org/browse/SERVER-21353?focusedCommentId=1480805&;
page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-
tabpanel#comment-1480805)