On 03/22/2017 09:40 AM, Michael Catanzaro wrote:

> You have to make a request to releng, as Neal says. I hope that releng
> will not approve such a request without a decision on the matter from
> FESCo, since this would entail reintroducing a security-critical
> package to the distribution that is affected by over 200 known
> vulnerabilities.

I could have sworn FESCo discussed and approved this plan, but I cannot
seem to find it. I guess it might have been discussed, but didn't have a
ticket. If needed we could discuss it at the next meeting.

I'm not sure a change makes sense, but we could definitely make sure
documentation mentions the removals.

Everyone has had years here, so this shouldn't really be a surprise. I
also really don't want these packages and their hundreds of
vulnerabilities coming back into the collection.

kevin