On 03/29/2017 02:26 PM, Nikolai Kondrashov wrote:
I would say using env in the shebang line is useful. Particularly for
portability. As a developer, I wouldn't like removing it from my programs.

FPC repeated discussed this and we decided to ban env, years ago.

Moreover, if your PATH is compromised, you're most likely screwed.

I understand, that env use in scripts makes is inconvenient in some cases,
but I think that RPM build procedure and Fedora practices need to be fixed
instead.

The number of packages using env in scripts alone shows that it is a
widespread and useful practice.

No. This observation only shows that some packagers haven't done their homework.

Ralf