Le 15/07/2010 19:42, Till Maas a écrit :
> On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 07:04:49PM +0200, Lennart Poettering wrote:

>> In contrast to SSH it is very unlikely that dovecot will run on
>> non-server systems.
> I am not sure how comm

on it is, but I use dovecot to be able to access
> the mail that is stored on my desktop with both mutt and kmail.

It is very common to run a local IMAP serveur for cross-MUA mail
storage. MUA authors suck at backends and have not figured yet people
like multiple clients pointing to the same storage. They write tons of
import routines but want to keep copies in their own format in their own
folders (and Thunderbird for example has no Maildir support at all years
after every one else added it).

These days it is much easier to set up a local dovecot than try to
convince MUA authors to fix their stuff (and with squirrelmail you can
even webmailize it)

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot