On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 07:37:03PM +0100, Peter Robinson wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 4:52 PM, Jakub Jelinek <ja...@redhat.com> wrote:
> > A severe ABI bug on AArch64 and especially on ARM 32-bit has been
> > recently discovered and GCC 7.1 is going to have that ABI change in.
> > For details see http://gcc.gnu.org/PR77728
> > gcc-7.1.1-0.16.fc{26,27} which I'll build tomorrow will contain the
> > ABI changes as well as a -Wpsabi diagnostics (note:) on code that is
> > changing the ABI.
> > The ABI change should affect primarily just C++ code passing PODs
>
> By primarily is it guaranteed to be limited to C++ or is it possible
> it could affect other code?

I'm not 100% sure about e.g. Ada.  C is certainly not affected, for Fortran
in theory some OOP code could be, would need to investigate.
The testbox I've bootstrapped earlier version of the patch is gone, I
vaguely remember only seeing the notes in g++.dg/ and libstdc++/ testsuites
and not elsewhere, but that is not a proof that it can't happen.
The only thing that is clear is that C doesn't have anything but field decls
in aggregates and so can't be affected.

        Jakub