> There's something going on with the openQA test updates.img not taking
> effect properly, that just showed up today, which I'm going to look
> into next.

Actually I think this is a kernel bug causing the disk in the relevant
test - install_scsi_updates_img - not to appear in anaconda at all.
It's a kinda combined test: it tests 'SCSI' disks (really qemu's
emulated SCSI) and also updates.img functionality. The updates image
used in the test is intended to change the appearance of the
INSTALLATION DESTINATION screen - it changes the background color of
the element that indicates the size of a disk. That's failing at
present, but I think it's failing because anaconda simply isn't
displaying the disk at all:

https://openqa.fedoraproject.org/tests/87075#step/disk_guided_empty/4

as you can see there's *no* disk shown under Local Standard Disks. So
the updates image modification doesn't really take effect (as the
element whose appearance it changes isn't shown). The actual bug,
though, is the disk not being detected.

So this seems to be something about handling the particular type of
emulated SCSI disk that gets used in the test.

The obvious suspect change in today's compose (this bug really did just
show up in today's compose) is that kernel 4.11rc7 landed. labbott
tells me that some issues were reported with virtio-scsi in rc7 and rc8
seems to be better, so I'm gonna retry the test with a custom image
built with an rc8 kernel and see how that goes.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey