On Sat, May 13, 2017 at 02:53:12PM +0100, Matthew Smith wrote:
> The Fedora wiki suggests that new people introduce themselves and
> point out their review request on this mailing list, so here I am :)

Welcome :)

> I've attempted to package the Facebook watchman tool, I suppose it's
> just a wrapper around inotify and friends but it ends up being quite
> useful.

It would be nice to provide a link to that review request. In the
meanwhile, you probably want to perform some package reviews [1] and
provide links for them in your review request.

You will need a sponsor and he/she will probably ask you to perform
those reviews. Make sure to let the packagers know you are not a
packager yet so your reviews are not formal ones.

> I don't have much prior experience with open source but learning is
> fun and it all seems so interesting.

Awesome, I hope we can help with that!

[1]
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Package_Review_Process