On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 09:15:51AM +0100, James Hogarth wrote:
> On 17 May 2017 at 08:46, Daniel P. Berrange <berra...@redhat.com> wrote:
> > Converting apps from nettools to iproute is often non-trivial piece
> > of work. As such isn't really something Fedora package maintainers
> > should look to undertake as the risk of introducing regressions is
> > non-negligible.  Bug reports really need to go the corresponding
> > upstream communities to get anything done.
> >

> That's a sensible position and one I can respect. I do wonder how much
> is upstream and how much is a result of packaging though, that itself
> might be an interesting investigation.

I think this might be something that rises to the level of a
Change ("Officially Deprecate net-tools in Fedora"), and while working
with upstreams is going to be necessary, I think having a Fedora
tracker could be useful, if you're interested in putting in that
effort.

> At the very least it may be worth checking for upstream bugs, filing
> them where they don't exist, and then filing a bugzilla (even with a
> tracking bug perhaps? Is this something for FPC to discuss maybe?)
> ticket linked to the upstream.

Probably FESCo rather than FPC, unless we're going to ban depending on
net-tools or something like that.

--
Matthew Miller
<mat...@fedoraproject.org>