> It was suggested to keep the Makefile that exists in every package
> module/branch in CVS right now, but set it up so that any Make command
> issued would print a reminder to the user that the Make system has been
> retired and to use fedpkg.

So the expectation would be people leave this boilerplate around forever
(as the wordsmithing drifts)?  Or do you expect every maintainer who knows
about fedpkg will just remove Makefile from their git trees first thing
after the conversion?

Frankly, I don't see the point.  So you're a Fedora maintainer and you
managed to get a git checkout after the conversion, but you can't read a
wiki page that tells you how to use fedpkg instead of make.  (Presumably
the wiki page has a nice table of make commands and corresponding fedpkg
commands.)  Where did you read how to do the git checkout if it wasn't the
same wiki page that tells you all about fedpkg?  What will you do in your
confusion, and will it not include email to this list or asking on IRC so
that you get answers to "I knew how to do 'make foo' but what now?" in
about three minutes?

But, some of my Makefiles have nonstandard cruft in them I need to keep
around until I replace it with something.  So don't delete *my* makefiles.
Just delete *their* makefiles.

Oh, also, I don't care at all.  So, just do, you know, whatever.  Rock on.

Thanks,
Roland