On Wed, 2010-07-21 at 17:16 +0200, drago01 wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 3:14 PM, Chris Adams <cmad...@hiwaay.net> wrote:
> > Once upon a time, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" <johan...@gmail.com> said:
> >> And as the general rule goes "native configuration breaks legacy
> >> configuration" so if a native systemd $service file does exist than
> >> changing service via chkconfig no longer will work.
> >
> > As an admin, this is crap.  Where does this "general rule" come from?
> > As strong desire to piss off the people that actually use your software?
>
> So "different == crap" ?
>
> If it does provide a hard to use interface I'd understand the
> frustration but only because it is NEW / DIFFERENT does not mean that
> the world is falling over.

 In general, yes, it does (just not to you):

http://skvidal.wordpress.com/2008/10/29/fedora-culture-clashes/

...however this case (breaking service/chkconfig) seems like such a huge
pointless difference that I can't imagine RHEL-7 not requiring that it's
fixed. So the only real question is how long Fedora users have to live
with it broken.