On Jul 21, 2010, at 11:45 AM, Brian C. Lane wrote:

>>> I am not interested in co-maintaining gnupg-1. However I do not oppose
>>> to revive it in koji.
>>
>> Forgive my ignorance of the process, but how can I help this happen?  Aside
>> from my own problems with the change, there are other reports of people
>> upgrading to F13 only to find their GnuPG setup nonfunctional when their
>> gnupg transformed into gnupg2:
>> http://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gnupg-users/2010-June/038817.html

> My understanding is that someone needs to update the gnupg package and
> run it through the package review process again since it was deprecated,
> not just orphaned.

How does this happen (i.e. who is the someone)?  I'm happy to help in any way I
can, but I'm not currently a Fedora contributor.  I'm just an upstream GnuPG
guy.

> gnupg2 needs to not obsolete gnupg in its .spec file
>
> And I would also prefer it if gnupg2 didn't overload the gnupg binaries,
> keeping things in line with upstream which meant for gnupg 1.x and 2.x
> to be installed in parallel.
>
> That brings up an additional problem in that now we have had users of
> f13 using gpg as gpg2, so a switch back might cause some friction -- but
> I think it is the right way to do things.

I agree.  It might cause friction, but of course the status quo is causing
friction for some pre-f13 people using gpg when they upgrade to f13.

David