On su, 16 heinä 2017, Kevin Kofler wrote:
Joonas Sarajärvi wrote:
Just to check if my experience is still up to date, I made a fresh
Fedora 25 KDE installation into a VM, booted it up and logged in. Then
in the Plasma desktop session I updated the system through the
notification that tells me that there's 900+ updates available. Found
these anomalies on the first try:

- Dolphin complains about some crashed process when I open the Network
place
- Plasmashell crashed and got automatically restarted mid-upgrade.
- Ksysguard stopped displaying both of its default tabs (it still shows
the one that I added for monitoring disk throughput)
- Dolphin crashed after I browsed around in it after completing the
upgrade
- In Gwenview, the "open file" chooser fails to show any files. Instead
it complains about a crashed backend process.

That's what I meant with "upgrading the whole desktop". Just restart your
session when the upgrade is done, no harm done. This kind of a mess does not
happen with routine updates.
Konversation gets routinely killed every time dbus daemon reloads its
configuration or restarts during updates. This is not even remotely
funny.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy