> Hi, folks! This is just a heads-up for anyone who's been watching the
> openQA test results for an update, or something, and been confused.
>
> A few days ago we added a new ppc64 openQA worker host box; ultimately
> we're aiming to enable some of the openQA tests to run on ppc64 as well
> as x86_64 and i686. Unfortunately, it seems that openQA's protection
> against running jobs on workers of the wrong arch isn't working
> properly in our configuration, and since then, openQA has tried to run
> quite a lot of x86_64 jobs on ppc64 workers, which of course doesn't
> work at all (it blows up immediately because qemu-kvm isn't available,
> in point of fact, but it could go wrong for *all kinds* of other
> reasons too!)
>
> I'm just now putting a change in place which should prevent this
> happening again, and will try to re-run the tests for all updates which
> were affected by this. I do apologize for the bogus failures.

Oh, while I'm at it: you'll also currently get a perfect set of openQA
failures for *any* Fedora 24 update. This is because the base disk
images for Fedora 24 aren't there any more; I wrote the script that
looks after the disk images to only keep images for the last two stable
releases around, and forgot about the one-month transition period at
the start of a cycle when there are still updates for the last *three*
stable releases. I'll try and figure out something to do about this too
(it should be possible). Again, sorry for the bogus failures.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey